Selling Your Business Premises to Your SMSF
A Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF), the way DBA Accountants does it, is cost effective at $200,000 of assets and above.
Owning your business premises within an SMSF can be a very good idea, for several reasons:
- Transfer to your SMSF can be made Duty-free
- Your business makes a very good tenant, paying the rent on time and looking after the place.
- The rent paid saves 28.5% tax in the company but pays only 15% in the fund.
- When it goes into pension phase, the fund pays no tax on the rent.
- The eventual capital gain on sale of the premises will be CGT-free if the fund is in pension phase.